If you’re looking for a list of the best online slot sites, then your search is over! In a world where there are literally hundreds of slot sites to choose from, we’ve waded into the waters and fished out a list of 50 sites which we consider to be the cream of the crop. All of the sites on this list are available to UK players, all are appropriately licensed (as are all sites on Bingo Paradise) and each of them offer more slots than you could wave a stick at.
So with the above said, all that’s left to do is wish you luck with finding your next slot site.
Spin the Mega Reel and Win up to 500 Spins on Starburst*
Deposit £10 and get a 100% Matched Bonus (up to £300)*
Open the Pot of Gold to Win up to 500 Spins on Irish Pot Luck*
Deposit £10, Get 30 Free Spins on Rainbow Riches (Winnings Paid in Cash!)*
With more video slots on offer than ever before, choosing the best site at which to actually play these games has never been more important! You really ought to choose a site that not only offers a wide variety of games, but also one that is licensed, offers a range of payment methods (fast cashouts) and offers a great sign up bonus.
On this page, we’re going to take a bit of time to talk about actually playing slots online – what to look out for, how to play and, to finish off, we’ll take you through a rundown of the best games to play when it comes to payouts. Let’s kick things off with a look at why people choose to play online slots.
While playing classic slot machines in land-based casinos still holds a place in many players’ hearts, today, there are many reasons why online gameplay is superior. The first, and most noticeable benefit, is the actual payout rates of slots.
In land-based casinos – and this includes arcades, betting shops and pubs – slot machines take up physical floor space. They’re mechanical – things need fixing – and subsequently, they are more expensive for operators to run. Because of this, the payouts are far lower than slots you’ll find online, which are completely virtual. For example, the industry-average payout (RTP) for an online video slot is around 96%, while those found in land-based casinos can average as low as 85%. This means that for every £100 wagered, the casino can, on average, expect to make a £4/£15 profit respectively. Clearly, it’s beneficial, from a financial standpoint, to play slots online. 1
What’s more, when playing slots online you have access to a much broader selection of games. At the press of a button you can search through hundreds – if not thousands – of different titles, and this makes it far easier for you to find games you actually enjoy.
When you play slots online, you can also take advantage of generous sign-up bonuses. This means, when you join a new slots site, you can enjoy a matched deposit bonus, free spins or cashback – and these are all components that are rarely found at land-based establishments.
When you choose to play at one of the best slots sites recommended here at Bingo Paradise you’ll be able to enjoy complete peace of mind that you’re playing at a licensed, fair, and reputable site.
You can, at first glance, expect a wide variety of games, spanning a number of categories, themes and genres. You’ll also have access to a wide variety of slots in terms of volatility. For example, if it’s high-variance Megaways slots you’re looking for, you’ll be able to choose from all the latest releases, while the best slots sites also offer more old-school, lower-variance titles for you to choose from.
Top-notch customer service is a given at any of the best slot sites you’ll come across, and you’ll normally be able to contact the customer support team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through live chat, email – and, in some cases, by telephone too.
The payouts will also tend to be above-average, and we like to try and recommend slots sites that are completely transparent with their payouts, with genuine no wagering requirement sites being the holy grail!
When we’re looking for the best slot sites there are a number of factors we take into account. Below, we’ll cover a few of the most important aspects we look at:
The variety of online slot machines on offer at an online casino is a major factor we take into account when considering whether to recommend a site or not. For example, does the site offer a wide variety of machines – from big and small software providers – or do they offer games from big-name brands only? Generally speaking, the more slots on offer the better as this offers you far greater variety and choice when it comes to choosing your desired game.
The sign-up bonus you can claim at an online casino is also a major factor we take into account; after all, if you’re joining a new slots site, it’s only fair that you should be rewarded and enjoy some free spins or a matched deposit bonus. However, here at Bingo Paradise we don’t just look at the generosity of the bonus; we also look at the terms and conditions attached to it. We aim to help you choose welcome bonuses that are actually fair – where the wagering requirements are achievable, there are no ‘hidden catches’, and in short, you stand a good chance of actually cashing out winnings from the bonus.
A crucial element of any slots site is the banking options players can choose from, and, fittingly, this is one of the major considerations we take into account when reviewing slots sites. We like to find online casinos that offer more than just the cookie-cutter debit card/EWallet options; so, if, for example, a site offers PayPal or Trustly, that’s a plus point in our books.
We also look at how fast withdrawals are processed at an online casino. For example, do you need to wait a few days for your winnings to be cashed out? Or, does the site exercise speed and attempt to process withdrawal requests on a same-day basis? As a general rule of thumb, the faster the withdrawals the better – and many of the sites you’ll find recommended here at Bingo Paradise process withdrawals within 24 hours.
How to Play Online Slots
Playing online video slots couldn’t be easier, and first, you need to decide which game you’d like to play. The game you choose will then automatically fill the size of the screen you’re playing from, and you’ll be able to see your account balance in one of the corners of the screen.
The next step is to determine how much you’d like to wager (bet) for each spin. While each slot developer orchestrates the bet-selection tool in slightly different ways, it’s usually very straightforward, and you simply need to select the total amount you want to bet. (Some older slots may require you to choose a coin value; this works in a similar principle, but it’s the amount you’re wagering per ‘coin’. This correlates directly with the number of paylines played.)
Once you’ve selected your preferred stake, all you need to do is hit the “Spin” button to get started – and any winnings as a result of that spin will then be credited to your balance.
We should also point out the fact that most video slots offer what’s known as an autoplay function. This allows you to set up to 100 spins to play automatically without you needing to manually press the spin button for each spin. This saves time, and prevents your finger from getting tired from having to manually press to play the game every second! Do be careful though, the auto-spin feature can run away with your money!
How do Slot Games work?
While each slot developer has their own slightly different way of doing things, all games today utilise a similar mechanic to deliver a fair, random result. This is made possible through the use of a random number generator (RNG). Each time you press the ‘spin’ button on a slot, the game uses this RNG to select a random outcome. This outcome is then used by the slot machine to determine which symbols land in which positions.
Unlike fruit machines in UK pubs, for example, video slots are truly random; this means that previous play does not have an impact on the result of subsequent spins. It should also be pointed out that staking larger sums of money does not improve your chances of winning – although an exception is seen occasionally in progressive jackpot games.
Any video slot available at a UK-facing casino must undergo stringent testing to ensure it’s compliant with UK gambling legislation. This sees the slot performing hundreds of millions of simulations at an approved testing house. Only once a testing house has ensured a slot is truly random will it receive certification, allowing it to be played at online casinos.
Who makes online slot machines is a question often asked by players, and today, there are hundreds of such developers, from all corners of the globe. The competition is intense, but rewards high, as successful slot releases can generate software providers significant revenue for many years.
As with any industry there are a few big name brands in the slots world, the most notable of which is, perhaps, Microgaming. Based in the Isle of Man, Microgaming has a portfolio of more than 400 different slot machines and they were also pioneers in developing poker technology. 2
Playtech are another major brand, best known for supplying titles and proprietary software to most of the big UK bookmakers. They too, have hundreds of slot machines, although are generally harder to find online than Microgaming’s.
NetEnt is another major name, and this Swedish game developer is behind some of the most successful slot machines in history. NetEnt also developed proprietary casino software which is in use at hundreds of online casinos today. 3
Other big games in the slots development world includes Big Time Gaming (the creator of the Megaway mechanic), ELK Studios, Thunderkick, Novomatic, Blueprint Gaming, Quickspin and Play’n Go.
Today, online casinos are expected to provide players not just with a wide variety of slots but also plenty of payment methods. Out of all the payment methods available, debit cards are probably the most common, with all online casinos accepting major brands such as VISA and MasterCard.
You’ll also find Ewallets universally accepted at slots sites, so you can deposit (and withdraw) using Neteller, Skrill, and, occasionally, PayPal.
Thanks to regulations brought in by the UK’s Gambling Commission, online gambling operators are no longer able to charge fees on deposits. Most payment methods see funds credited to your account immediately, although some, including those made via Bank Transfer can take up to 3-5 working days to appear.
Any casino licensed by the UKGC must allow players to withdraw their funds at any time, and this means your slots winnings can be cashed out whenever you like. 4 However, due to anti-fraud regulations you are usually required to withdraw back to the same payment method you deposited with. Exceptions can be made when the original payment method is no longer available or when it doesn’t accept withdrawals.
If you’re looking to maximise potential payouts on a slot machine it’s a good idea to look for games with high RTPs. Below, we look at the top 10 slots available to play today, in terms of RTP.
1. Mega Joker: Mega Joker has, for a long time, been the world’s highest RTP slot, and it comes from swedish developer NetEnt. To achieve this RTP, however, it’s important that you stake 10-coins; staking a lesser amount will see the RTP lowered to as little as 76.9%. Mega Joker is all about the ‘Supermeter Mode’ which is where you get a chance to gamble winnings to play on an enhanced reel set.
2. Jackpot 6000: Second on our list is Joker 6000, another popular video slot from NetEnt. The game’s got an old-school vibe to it, and again, you’ll want to play at the maximum credits to unlock the highest RTP; up to 98.9%. Jackpot 6000 is all about winning the mystery prize which can be worth up to 6,000 coins. This is achieved by landing two of the joker symbols in view.
3. 1429 Uncharted Seas: This visually-stunning creation from Thunderkick has long been hailed as one of the best slots to play thanks to its incredibly high RTP of 98.6%, and, unlike the previous two games on this ‘top 10’, it’s not a glorified fruit machine. It boasts two main features, which include expanding wilds and a free spins bonus.
4. Blood Suckers: The third game to come from NetEnt on this list, Blood Suckers, offers an RTP of 98%. This vampire-inspired slot offers a diverse array of bonuses and features including wild substitutions, scatter pays, free spins (with a 3X multiplier applied to all wins) and a vampire slaying side game.
5. Starmania: Starmania is a video slot from NextGen Gaming, and it carries an RTP of 97.87%. This outer space-inspired game offers impeccable graphics and audio, and the majority of the win-potential is found within the bonus round, where wilds become stacked across all reels. What’s more, wins are paid ‘both ways’ so it’s far easier to actually form wins.
6. Kings of Chicago: Another NetEnt slot, Kings of Chicago is a poker-inspired video slot with a RTP of 97.8%. This unique game awards wins not for lining up matching symbols, but for forming poker hands on one of the five paylines. There’s also a free spins bonus where up to 30 free rounds can be awarded.
7. Devil’s Delight: Yet another slot from NetEnt, Devil’s Delight offers a fantastic RTP of 97.6%, and is packed with bonuses and features. They include a free spins round where wins are multiplied by up to 5X, and a Soul Reaper feature which is a progression-based bonus.
8. Retro Reels Extreme Heat: The first slot from Microgaming to appear on this list, Retro Reels Extreme Heat is the highest RTP slot in the software provider’s range. The game has an old-school look and feel to it, and during the free spins bonus all wins are multiplied by 2X.
9. Simbalism: It’s clear NetEnt is dominating our rundown of the highest-RTP slots, and this magic-inspired game follows the life of a magician as he performs various tricks. The game offers an RTP of 97.5% and has a free spins round where all wins are multiplied by 3X.
10. Jack Hammer 2: The last game on our list also comes from NetEnt, and Jack Hammer 2 – the sequel to the fairly successful Jack Hammer – offers enhanced graphics, 99 paylines and a lucrative locking symbol re-spin feature. The game’s RTP is set at 97.1%, making it a fantastic choice for those looking to get long play-time from a single slot.
No. In order to be made available on a UK licensed site, all slot games must be tested by a certified testing house. This is basically a lab which closely inspects the games and makes sure that they are generating truly random outcomes to each spin. You should never consider playing at a site that isn’t licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
At the heart of every slot game is a Random Number Generator (RNG). The RNG generates a continuous flow of random numbers which are used to determine the outcome of each spin.
A good single piece of advice is to familiarise yourself with the concept of Return To Player (RTP). The RTP which is expressed as a percentage, is the amount of money that a slot game pays back to the player. You should be looking for RTP's in the high 90’s, all slots are required to state their RTP’s.
It can be confusing. Slot Sites and Casino Sites (and even Bingo Sites) generally all offer slots and casino games. However, Slot Sites focus on slots whereas Casinos tend to place an emphasis on the table games and even the live dealer games.
Usually online slots payout more than physical slot machines located in casinos. This is understood to be because the operating costs are significantly higher for physical slot machines therefore they need to retain a greater amount of money to cover their costs and turn a profit. As a very rough rule of thumb, online slots tend to payout upwards of 95% RTP, whilst physical machines tend to payout around the 85% RTP mark.
As a UK player you should only ever play at slot sites that are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. By choosing an operator who has a license from the UKGC you are choosing a site that has to follow a plethora of rules which amongst other things, focus heavily on player security, safety and fairness.