*New UK players Only. £10 min. deposit. £5 max. bet using Bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins on pre-selected games will be credited instantly + then 30 per day for 9 days on Starburst. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max. Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. Full T&Cs Here. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
*New customers only. Min deposit & wager £10. Max bingo bonus £30 valid on selected rooms. Max 100 spins valid on Fluffy Favourites. 7 days of free bingo on Newbie Room only, max 6 tickets per game. Bonus: 5x wagering & 4x conversion. Spins: 40x wagering & 4x conversion. Full T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
*New UK players Only. £10 min. deposit. £5 max. bet using Bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins on pre-selected games will be credited instantly + then 30 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max. Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. Full T&Cs Here. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
*First deposit only. Any winnings can be withdrawn. Bonus money cannot be withdrawn. Full T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
*New Players Only 18+. Minimum Deposit: £20. Maximum Offer: 100% Bonus up to £100 & 100 Spins on Starburst. Players will be credited with 20 Spins per day, across 5 days. Bonus & Spins winnings must be wagered 35x before withdrawal. Spins expire after 5 days. Promo Code: JAAK100. Withdrawal terms apply. Valid until 31/12/2022. Full T&Cs Here. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
New players only, £10 min fund, £200 max bonus, max bonus conversion equal to lifetime deposits (up to £250) 65x wagering requirements and T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
*New players only, £10 min fund, £200 max bonus, max bonus conversion equal to lifetime deposits (up to £250), 65x wagering requirements.Full T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
*New players only. Min deposit £10. Account balance is withdrawal at any time. Upon withdrawal, any remaining bonus spins are forfeited. 7 days to activate the spins. Bonus spins expire 24 hours after activation. 35 x wagering requirement applies to deposit bonus. Full T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly. #ad
Information about Matched Deposit Bonuses
Hands up if you’ve seen any of the following bonus offers:
- Deposit £100 and play with £200.
- Get up to £500 free!
- Deposit £20 or more and get a 100% match (up to £200).
Okay, now put your hand down. It’s embarrassing. We can’t actually see you and now your partner thinks you’re mad.
The truth is, if you’ve played at any online casino, you will have seen one of these bonuses. They are ubiquitous, and not without reason.
Known as matched deposit bonuses, deposit match bonuses, or any variation thereof, these offers appeal to both players and casinos. And unlike some Free Spin promotions and No-Deposit Bonuses, they actually are as good as they seem.
But there are some exceptions—terms that you need to be aware of.
With that said, let’s take a deeper dive into how matched deposit bonuses work, what kind of hidden terms they use, and how you can get the best out of them. As always, we’ll also show you the best-matched deposit casino offers available right now.
What is a Matched Deposit Bonus?
Quite simply a matched deposit bonus is a promotion that promises to “match” your deposit to a specific amount.
Let’s take an example offer and dissect it:
“Get a 100% match on your first deposit (min. £20) to a maximum of £500”
- 100% Match = A 100% match essentially doubles your deposit. So, if you deposit £20, you’ll get an additional £20 in bonus credits and will have £40 to play with. Most matched offers are capped at 100%, but some go as high as 200% and others as low as 25%.
- Min. £20 = This is the minimum deposit amount required to qualify for the bonus. If you deposit less than this, you’ll miss out.
- Maximum of £500 = The maximum amount is the most you can get from the bonus. In the above example, any deposit of £500 or more will secure a bonus of £500. Some maximums are as low as £100 or even £50, so always check this.
What are the Terms Used in Deposit Match Bonuses?
The above terms are often included in the promotional offer. Regulators require casinos to be pretty clear about these things, so they’re usually displayed front and centre.
But that’s not all you need to know. There are also lots of terms hidden in the small print. These may be listed as literal small print on the promotional banner (usually following an asterisk), but some are also hidden away in the terms and conditions. Here are the most important terms:
- Wagering Requirements: Displayed as a multiple, such as 65x, this is the number of times that the bonus/deposit must be wagered before the bonus credits become real money. The number is important, but it’s also important to know whether it applies to the bonus amount, the deposit amount, or both. This is often overlooked by players, yet it could be the difference between needing to wager £1,000 as opposed to £2,000.
- Wagering Percentages: When meeting the wagering requirements, some slots count for 100%, some count for much less, and others don’t count at all. The same is true for table games and Live Casino games. This means that a £1 wager takes £1 from your requirement if it’s on a 100% slot but only £0.25 if it’s on a 25% table game.
- Accepted Methods: Some casinos block deposit bonuses for players using methods like Skrill, Neteller, Paysafecard, and PayPal. Always look for this term, especially if you use one of these methods.
- Live Chat Activation: A number of casinos require you to contact customer support before activating a bonus. They will insist on you making a deposit, speaking with customer support (often through Live Chat), and then waiting up to 24 hours for it to trigger. If you don’t do this before placing your first wager, you could miss out.
What is a Matched Betting Casino?
The term “matched betting” is more commonly used in reference to sports betting. It doesn’t really apply to casinos. Matched betting refers to the act of collecting bonuses on two different sites and then using them to place opposing bets, thus guaranteeing a win.
This is not possible with casinos. You can collect multiple deposits from multiple sites, but there’s no real way of hedging your bets. If you’re trying to use matched deposit bonuses to beat the casino, you’re going about it all wrong. These bonuses are great if you use them right. They can help you to get started on a site and you might even win some cash. But you’re still playing games of chance weighted in the casino’s favour.
How Can I Get More From a Deposit Bonus?
There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of winning when using matched bonuses:
- Always Check the Terms: It sounds obvious, but the vast majority of negative casino reviews revolve around misunderstood or overlooked bonus terms. If you miss the minimum deposit amount, overlook the Live Chat activation, or use the wrong payment method, the casino won’t take pity on you and give you the money anyway. You will miss out—simple as that.
- Play High RTP Games: Stick with slot machines that have high RTPs. Always check the list of accepted games first, though. If not, you could find yourself playing a game that doesn’t qualify.
- Play the Right Volatility Games: Look for games with high volatility if you’re playing for extended gaming sessions and low volatility if you’re playing short sessions. This should increase your chances of getting a payout.
The Best Casinos with Deposit Match Bonuses
Matched deposit bonuses are very common and we have reviewed countless casinos that have these offers available. Scroll to the top of this page to see the full list for yourself, along with updated casino matched deposit offers.
If you want to learn more about the sites before committing to a deposit, be sure to check out our reviews. You can find extensive reviews on all of the sites we cover, including the ones listed on this page.
Matched Deposit Bonuses FAQ
How Can Casinos Offer Matched Deposit Bonuses?
It seems a little too good to be true, but these bonuses work because they attract a lot of players, thus reducing those expensive advertising costs. The wagering requirements also ensure that many players walk away with nothing.
How Big do Matched Deposit Bonuses Go?
The average offer is a 100% match capped at around £100. Some casinos offer 200% (it’s rare to find anything higher), and it’s not uncommon to find limits as high as £500. There are also bonuses that claim to offer upwards of £2000, but these are nearly always spread across multiple deposits.
What Are the Wagering Requirements on Matched Deposit Bonuses?
They vary, but they are usually quite substantial and range from around 20x to 70x. Jumpman Gaming sites, for instance, often fix their wagering requirements at 65x while many Genesis Global sites use a lower 40x.
Can You Get Matched Deposit Bonuses on Bingo Sites?
Free Bingo Tickets are more common on bingo sites, but you can find Matched Deposit Bonuses here.
Is Matched Betting the Same as Matched Deposit Bonuses?
As noted above, these are two completely different things. Matched betting refers to a sports betting technique of using bonuses to hedge your bets and guarantee a win. Matched Deposit Bonuses are offers that give you bonus credits based on your deposit. The former is usually reserved for online sportsbooks while the latter is used on casinos, bingo sites, poker rooms, and sportsbooks.