Welcome to the responsible gambling page of Bingo Paradise, one of the longest standing bingo portals in the UK.
At Bingo Paradise we're committed to the safety of our readers and for this reason, we've published this page in order to raise awareness of the dangers associated with compulsive gambling (gambling addiction) and the importance of responsible gambling.
Gambling should always be safe and fun and following these simple steps could help ensure things stay that way:
- Never think of gambling as a way to make money.
- Only gamble using money that you can afford to lose.
- Set financial limits, ahead of playing.
- Limit the time you play by setting time limits in advance of playing.
- Do not play in order to win back money you've lost (do not chase your losses).
- If you're depressed or upset or in any way emotionally unstable, do not gamble.
- Balance gambling with other activities.
- Regularly take breaks.
- Don't drink or use drugs when gambling.
This is an adapted version of a guide published by BeGambleAware. The full guide goes into greater detail and can be found here
Some people find it difficult to identify when they have developed a gambling problem. Below is a list of potential warning signs which could help somebody identify their gambling problem:
- Spending more money and spending more time on gambling than you can afford.
- Having difficulties managing, or stopping gambling.
- Gambling is causing arguments with your family or friends.
- Loss of interest in hobbies and usual activities such as spending time with friends and family.
- Constantly talking about or thinking about gambling.
- Hiding your gambling from others, or lying about it.
- Attempting to win back lost money by gambling in order to resolve financial trouble (i.e. chasing losses).
- Gambling until you have no further funds available.
- Selling possessions, borrowing, or not paying bills in order to fund gambling.
- Feeling the need to wager larger amounts of funds and for a longer time in order to get the same buzz, or feeling of excitement.
- Neglecting general responsibilities such as, family, work, personal needs or household responsibilities due to gambling.
- Experiencing feelings of anxiety, worry, guilt, depression or generally feeling irritable.
The above warning signs were taken from a guide published by BeGambleAware. It goes into further detail and can be found here.
Responsible Gambling Resources
If you believe you may be developing, or indeed already have a gambling problem, it is of vital importance that you seek help. There are a number of excellent services that are there for you, including:
For those whose gambling problem has caused financial issues, such as debt, the organisations below could provide useful assistance:
Internet Filters and Website Blocking
Amongst other options, a practical example of a way to help those with gambling problems, is to install a website blocker:
National Gambling Helpline. Phone number: 0808 8020 133 Gamcare Netline Live Chat Help.
In the UK it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble and as such, all of the operators we recommend have processes in place to verify age. In addition to it being illegal for those under 18 to gamble, the UK Gambling Commission has a License Code of Practice that operators must follow. It states that operators must not market their products in such as way that may be of particular appeal to those under the age of 18.
Bingo Paradise takes these requirements extremely seriously and as stated in our Compliance Policy we take steps to ensure our content is not of particular appeal to those under the age of 18. As such, we avoid using graphics, characters or games that may be deemed as appealing to under 18s.
In order to protect children, there are tools available for parents who wish to restrict their children's access to gambling related sites, below you will find examples of two such products:
Protecting vulnerable players
All the gambling providers that we refer to are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. As such, they are all obligated to put in place systems to check for potential gambling addictions amongst their players. Such measures may include popups that check you are happy with your level of play.
To protect players from spending too much money and in order to avoid fraud and money laundering, gambling websites must take steps to monitor their customers spending. These checks often come under the title of 'Source of Funds'. The checks help ensure that players are not spending more than they can afford and that they are spending safely. The checks will usually require documentation for verification purposes.
As a portal that provides affiliated links to gambling products, such as slots and bingo, we take our responsibility towards responsible gambling seriously. If you feel there is anything further we could be doing in this respect, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 14/01/20